Sunday, September 23, 2012

Captain Obvious


I work in a very busy and sometimes stressful law firm. So when it comes to my lunch break, I always always make sure I take my full hour. Even if I end up putting in tons of overtime that week. I AM doing that hour long lunch thing. Always always. 

Oh, and that hour long lunch is most always always outside.  Gotta get out of the building to be one with nature. And my iPad. And iPhone. And Pandora. But I digress. 

One day a few weeks ago, I quickly made my way to one of the very few prime outdoor lunch spots. You know, where I can be at one with nature. And wifi for above-mentioned electronic devices. Gotta. 

As I was approaching a sweet table (where I could pick up wifi, oh yeah and be at one with nature and stuff), I saw this guy standing. . . right next to my sweet (wifi-enhanced) table.  Uh oh, I gotta hurry. 

Not to worry. Seems said guy was playing with a new iPhone. I watched and listened as he did the following. Several times in a row. Again and again. 

Press button on iPhone, hold close to mouth, ask Siri "what time is it?"
No response. 
Press button on iPhone, hold close to mouth, ask Siri "what time is it?"
No response. 
Press button on iPhone, hold close to mouth, ask Siri "what time is it?"
No response. 
Press button on iPhone, hold close to mouth, ask Siri "what time is it?"  AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Um, guy with new iPhone, you know that button you keep pushing? Did you notice that the time is displayed on the screen?  Every. Single. Time?



I think Siri was getting a kick out of this.  I know I was.  In between my Pandora listening and web surfing. Oh yeah, that at one with nature thing. 

Have you witnessed such obviousness in others lately? What about in yourself? Have you ever asked the kids where your keys are when you are holding them? Or you can't find your purse because it is on your shoulder?

Fun stuff.

3 comments:

Teresa Robeson

Hey lady! No time no blog...again. ;)

Obliviousness? Oh I'm the Queen of Obliviousness. I'm getting flakier with each passing decade.

Hope you're keeping well and happy!

Miz Dinah

Hehe, Captain Oblivious.

mary

That happens to me all the time. Like looking for my reading glasses and they are clipped on my shirt.
So good to see you posting. I just found this.

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP