Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Write Stuff

"Mom, you need to update your blog."

"Mom, why haven't you updated your blog."

"Did you write about (insert very important event here)?"

Sigh. Life has somehow taken me away from this writing thing that I actually enjoy. Of course, I actually enjoy many things. That's the problem, I think.

I enjoy my job. I enjoy that I get a paycheck to do said job. I enjoy playing with my photos. I enjoy making photobooks with said photos. I enjoy my husband.  I enjoy watching movies, going out to eat and just hanging with said husband. Oh, and then there are the offspring. I enjoy having time with them, all of them. And don't even let me get started about that sweet, cuddly, adorable little grandbaby.

Can I borrow a cup of time, please?

Time is zooming all around me. It is not unusual for me to work a few to several hours overtime here and there. A girl gets tired. The laundry doesn't care about the tired thing. My kids have all but grown up in the blink of an eye. This year really sealed that reality for me. Two babies graduated from high school.

DSCF0253

DSCF0082

Look at all of us together!!

DSCF0084
I don't have the proper words to describe the pride I feel. At the same time, those milestones are a reminder that my babies are now faced with the reality of adult responsibility. It's a good thing. And I guess I am supposed to be looking forward to more Me time in the coming years. But a big part of Me Time over the last 18+ years has happily been wrapped up in Kid Time. Who's gonna need me anymore?

Sigh.

Oh, I know it'll be fine.

7 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin

They'll still need you. But it'll be for FUN more than the other bits of motherhood, right?
I'm glad to read your post--been wondering how life was treating you.

Andrea

You still exist! I'm happy to hear it.

Time. Sigh. Wish there was more of it.

TeresaR

Hey lady! No worries...you're too busy having a life to blog. I think eventually most of us come to that point in our lives. :) Congrats on all the great things in your life!

I am Julie

Welcome back! I missed you!! I am glad all is well. Congrats on the graduates too-very exciting!

CrystalChick

You have a full life and a beautiful family... how wonderful!
I'm hit or miss at my blogs... all 3 of them. lol I do manage to get on FB pretty regularly though.

Glad to hear all the good stuff.
Happy *almost* Fall!

septembermom

Congrats to the graduates! Life is good so often - don't worry about the blog. It will be here for you and so will we.

Great pictures :)

Poppy

Yay, new post! I have the same problem. Either there's so much going on I don't have time to write about it, or there's nothing going on to write about. :P

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP